Happy Wellness Wednesday, friends! This week we’re talking all things finals, and today is no different. This week can feel terribly overwhelming for so many, so please remember to take breaks during your studies and exams, breathe, meditate, relax, and unwind. You’ll also want to drink plenty of water and consume healthy snacks. At 123 calories per ball, today’s treat is a perfect snack and breakfast option packed with 3g of protein, 2g of dietary fiber, and 7g of healthy fat to keep you energized throughout the day!
- 1 c. oatmeal
- ⅓ c. almonds, chopped
- 10 tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed (optional)
- ½ c. nut butter (peanut or almond are both good)
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- ⅓ c. dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- Bake oatmeal and almonds for 8-10 minutes at 350°, tossing after 5 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool.
- In a medium bowl microwave the nut butter for 20-30 seconds until runny, add the baked mix along with flaxseed, honey, chia seeds and cranberries to the bowl. Form into 1.5″ balls and refrigerate. Store in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for 3 months.